Saturday, April 2, 2011

Music hath charms...

There is a simple enough thing to do for your grandchildren.  Do you have a CD player, through your computer or an old "boom box"?

There are CD's for babies using classical music.  Whether YOU like, have, appreciate, whatever your word is about it, babies respond happily to it, especially Mozart.  Some have referred to it as the "Mozart Effect" (http://www.parenting-baby.com/Parenting-Baby-Music-Research/Music-Research.html).  Honest, music does indeed hath charms to sooth the savage beast...or the crying baby.  :-)

It's wonderful music for the child as he or she plays as well.

I know the power of music after my stroke - I talk now. I credit God's working through music for me.  Whether Mozart (or Brahms or Beethoven) will get your grandchild talking faster, I don't know, but there is no doubt music will benefit them!

As I write this, I'm listening to Mozart in a CD called "Music for the Mozart Effect, Vol. 1.  Check Amazon for CD's worth your grandchildrens' time, even the babies.  For those wanting more info, there are books about the Mozart Effect.  Check the variety that's available to you.

Enjoy great music and watch the benefit you offer to your grandchildren, for the cost of a CD.

C-ya
-Grandpa George

1 comment:

  1. http://lrs.ed.uiuc.edu/students/lerch1/edpsy/mozart_effect.html

    ReplyDelete