Sunday, February 22, 2009

Patience

Romans 15:5 (NKJV) Now may the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus,

Maybe one of the hardest virtues to learn is patience. That's been true of me. Part of you is a Fincke, and I can speak some to those genes in you. We can be stubborn and hard-headed. It's not just your genes, but the Fincke side of you may be less than patient too often.

Honesty forces me to tell you sinful creatures tends not to be patient. But we can't use our genes or lineage or not having coffee yet as an excuse. Solomon, the wisest man ever, wrote "The patient man shows much good sense, but the quick-tempered man displays folly at its height" in Proverbs 14:14:29, (NAB)

Learn from patient people. Watch them and learn how they do things. They will help you grow up better and more biblical.

Our age is all about ME. The world has no patience, everything is all about that individual. Not God, His Son Jesus, His Church, His world. The Great ME. Early in your life with will be crying, whining, complaining until things go your way. This is childish and evil. Run from that thinking.

Follow Jesus. It is His world. He created it, and He died that you and I could live forever.

1 Thessalonians 5:14 (NKJV) Now we exhort you, brethren, warn those who are unruly, comfort the fainthearted, uphold the weak, be patient with all.

Grandpa Fincke

P.S. This is your great-great grandfather's birthday. His name was George Washington Fincke, Sr., born in Pittsburgh. My father, was George Junior. But my prents (I think it was my Mom, wanted my middle name to be Brian. George the 3rd seemed almost un-American.

No comments:

Post a Comment